Friday 26 June 2020

DEAR DEEPRESION

Dear depression

I don't remember exactly when 
you declared me your companion
When exactly you taunted my temperament with your anxious aggression
Bending all rays of reason from river that writes my reflection

I know I'm here now
At the floor of an ocean
Whose waters dehydrate every decibel 
Of comprehension 
A theater of menacing monsters 
Stark scilences that slice every breath 
Into morbid mounds of death

I know I'm here now 
Living in a lucid dream
That onlookers declare lugubrious 
A petrifying paralysis that lyrics
Life been lines layered with sleep
A surface whose shallow 
coating drowns deep
Where living is a shadow of a form 
Whose screams never cease to weep

I'm never heard hear 
Reality is barley a pull of the ear
This tumultuous thunder tears 
Through my torn form as
Polite Hi's I'm fine thanks and how are yous
My eulogy inks images 
of the most peacful pain
The calm that Colours 
The heaven of grey rain
Far from the frozen fossils 
Formed by the florescent smiles I fein
Please place your flowering judgments
At the head stone of my heart storm 
After tasting the grains from the sandstone
That crystalised the chaos that Colours my eyes... 

Dear depression 
Though I've vowed 
To never look down heal
I do not know 
What satire is scribed 
Beyond the seal
But as we wrestle 
Like God and Isra'eel 
May the fragrance flowing
From this crushed petal 
Cause your future forms to foam 
Stoned by every cent of stillnes stolen
Tortured by every war woven
Carving your essence in death
So that perhaps a part of tomorrow 
Can learn how to smile without sorrow. 

Camillo Mubarak 26 June 2020 








No comments:

Post a Comment